Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fall Already?


It almost feels like fall is in the air with the cool weather and all. Fall sports are definitely in full swing here in the Coats abode. New things this year. Justin is playing soccer for Bend High (the #1 high school in town) Jake is playing tackle football this year (fun) and Jenna is playing soccer again in Parks & Rec. In my opinion, summer has gone way too fast this year. We do have our 4 seasons in Bend however; Winter, June, July, & August.

As life gears up into crazy mode, it's easy to put God on the back burner. Or I can simply be reminded, every time I watch my kids perform in their respective sports, that God is good, and I have much to be thankful for. I can have the crappiest day, but seeing the smile on my kids face when he or she scores a goal or a touchdown, puts it all into perspective. Thank you Jesus for choosing me to be the father of Justin, Jenna, & Jake. I hope todaythat I can put a smile on Your face.

2 comments:

JOURNEY CHURCH said...

great picture! You have a great family!

Holiday's Review said...

Man I miss you! Thank for your constant encouragement and e-mails! I really appreciate that you have made it a point to keep in contact with me, even though I am really poor at it.

As keith said, You do have an amazing family! I am blessed to know you.

Peace in Christ!