Wednesday, December 10, 2008

How Dare You Say Christmas!


Well, it's that time of year again, and it wouldn't be complete without the usual annual Christmas bashers.  I know, it's ridiculous, but it happens every year.  And seemingly every year it gets worse, and we become increasingly calloused towards the Christ bashers.  I've become more numb to the ramped up anti Jesus sentiment, and as I reflect on Christmas, it just pisses me off to see how our society is so dumbed down by the media and all the squeaky wheels.  For example.  The Holiday Tree.  It's a freakin Christmas Tree!  What other holiday do you specifically put your tree up for?  If there was not a Christmas, would you put it up for New Years?  You don't put it up before Thanksgiving, unless you're some kind of compulsive Christmas gnome or something.  So really, it is a "Christmas" tree.  

Also, what day does everyone (except JW's) celebrate?  December 25th.  Right?!  What does your calendar say for December 25th?  Christmas?  Duh?  Is it offensive to say Merry Christmas?  No.  Not unless you have some real character issues.  If someone says Happy Kwanzaa, or Happy Hanukkah, I don't go crying to my mom, or call the newspaper with complaints of unfairness, or offensive-ness.  Grow up!  

Well, some people don't believe in the birth of Jesus.  But they still open their presents on December 25th and say "good morning kids!  Merry Holiday!"  Come on, give me a break.  Now my kids have "winter break" and "winter or holiday pageants."  I get offended when my kids have to watch a certain movie of read a certain book at school.  But I don't dress up like an idiot and storm city hall, or dig a cave and hide out with a full supply of can goods.  It doesn't surprise me, but it frustrates me.  So this Christmas season, when your sucking on one of those delicious candy canes...enjoy it!  Open your presents, have a great day!  But also remember that Jesus is the reason for the season.  Use yourself and your children to be a light and a sounding board for Jesus this year.   It's a birthday celebration for baby Jesus.  Don't let anyone bring you down this year.  Smile and love on them and tell them Merry "stinkin" Christmas!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know what you mean it ticks me off sometimes how upset people can get over things like the word CHRISTMAS. They call it holiday break at school its pretty much ridiculous.

Jack said...

I punched a guy in the face for telling me happy kwanza and screamed intolerence at the top of my lungs...oh and also i would like the word God to be removed from every institution..everywhere because if i don't believe in the Almighty then no one should...right? because I've made this world about me

it's funny, the world is a sinking ship my friend and Jesus is standing in his life boat with open arms and very few are getting on...most would rather sink with the world