Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Who's Praying For Me?


John 3:16 There's been a lot of crap going on lately.  In the world and in my home.  Distractions are rampant and keep me from Jesus.  Yes, that's my fault, and yes, it shows where my priorities lie, but the distractions are usually subtle attacks that I don't even realize until the end of the day, or the next morning.  Satan doesn't need to bring a full on frontal beating or a golf club in the back of the knees to knock me off track.  Most of the time it's anything that has distracted me enough to keep me away from time with Jesus.  I could not handle my situation (life) right now without complete faith that He knows what He's doing.  Couldn't - Nada.  Jesus is in complete control, even if I don't like what's going on right now.  And really I don't.  But is this our test?

These are times for us as Christians to shine and show our faith.  Not just talk about it, but express it, live it out like we actually believe what we talk about.  Don't just speak the well rehearsed Christian-eese lip service.  What greater example in these hard times than for people to see Jesus in our eyes, like a reflection in a mirror.  People - we talk about not having an opportunity - but in reality we have opportunities every day!  It's whether or not we seize those opportunities.  We are lazy, and have more excuses than  Mickey D's has fries.

Here's the really cool thing though.  Jesus Christ - thee Jesus Christ - is praying for you today. Everyday.  That just blew me away this morning when I was reading John 17.  And as sit here correcting all my spelling errors, it continues to sink in deeper.  It's stinkin awesome! Really!

Here is what Jesus is praying to His Father about:
Jesus Prays for His Disciples
9I pray for them. I am not praying for the world, but for those you have given me, for they are yours. 10All I have is yours, and all you have is mine. And glory has come to me through them. 11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one. 12While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled. 13"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them14I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth18As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.


Wow!  I think I can make it now.  I do feel the full measure of His joy.  I'm being prayed for by Jesus himself?!  wow!

No comments: