Thursday, March 12, 2009

What God Do You Bow Down To?


What do you spend your time with? on? at?   Do you realize you spend your spare time doing what you are hooked on.  That's where your real passion lies.  Want to see what someone loves?  See where they spend their free time.  We tend to fall into a rut where we worship anything but God.  Oh, don't get me wrong, we throw Him scraps every now and then to make ourselves feel better, lying to no one but ourselves about how good we are.  My bad is this stinking computer.  It has become my God.  If I spent half as much time reading my bible as I do in front of this fricking computer, I'd have it read in a month!  Where are your priorities?  Just look at what consumes your free time.   It would be a cool project to see how much time you spend on things other than building your relationship with God.  I think it would be even cooler to put down our false gods to the point where we reverse the trend, and spend more free time with God than our current gods.  I bet between the computer and the TV, I space out looking at the screen for an average of 4 hours or more a day.  Probably more.  In fact I think I'll try to track it, and update this next week.  We / I need to focus on what's important and what's not.  Not getting sucked in because of my weak discipline.   Focus is the discipline to say no to anything off- mission or off-task.

No comments: