Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate




This blog is a total outlet for me. I don't even know if anyone reads it, but it sure is a great place to put my thoughts on screen. Right now I am in a place where God is doing some amazing things in my life. My ears are wide open and I hear him speaking loud and clear for the first time in a long time. The hardest thing for me to remember right now is that many people are not in the same place as me right now with their relationships with God. So I really have to watch myself so that I don't come across as some scary religous pit bull ready to bite your head off and change the world. I would compare it to frozen orange juice concentrate. Huh? Yeah. You know when you pour (or squeeze) that frozen OJ out of the can into the pitcher? It's undiluted, raw, full strength. You know when you lick it and it tastes too strong in its concentrate form. That's where I am right now! And I want to stay there! I don't want to be diluted with 3 cans of water. Then I become palpable and easy to swallow, a place where most Christians are. I want to stay in the raw undiluted form and make people say...Whoa! that's different, that's not at all what "I'm used to" that's too strong for me, let's water it down so it's easier to swallow. My prayer is that God will use me and my influencial sphere of friends to do great things in our community. He is alive and well and moving freely in Bend Oregon.

2 comments:

Jack said...

Steve you got a blog?! that's cool man...I feel the same way...I don't really care who reads it, it's more a form of self expression and a way to keep track of my thoughts

JOURNEY CHURCH said...

I'm more of "raw cookie dough" before it's cooked :-)

keep it sweet Steve.