Sunday, May 25, 2008

Prayer Warrior?


I love to read, and last night I finished a book, and today I started reading another one. Fresh Wind Fresh Fire by Jim Cymballa. I was turned on to it by Kara Kirkpatrick, our beloved Sunday night pastor's wife. I sat down and read the first 70 pages today and was blown away. He talked about prayer. What an absolutely powerful tool we have been given by God. Some of the stories are amazing to say the least. It just goes to show what sincere, heart felt, down on your knees, begging and weeping and crying out for God's help type of prayer can accomplish. It made me realize that prayer is my weakest link in my spiritual chain. By far. I'd like to consider myself a prayer warrior, but after reading what "sold out" prayer can do, I realize I'm not even close. I'm just a PWIT! A prayer warrior in training. I'm so glad God is patient. I am excited to ratchet up my prayer life and watch the Holy Spirit show me some amazing things! There are so many uncertanties in my life right now that I can't wait to see what fruit bears from some serious "on my knees"prayer in the coming months. I realized today how much I try to control things on my own, and only get into "serious" prayer when I need to. And usually that "serious" prayer is only for me. Lord show me your awesome and mighty power. He says when you seek me you will find me, and when you pray to me I will listen. Man, have I ever limited God's unlimited potential by not praying. D'oh!

3 comments:

Jack said...

Awesome thoughts Steve!

Switch Student Ministries said...

That is a pretty powerful book. It is amazing what a focus on prayer can do. Good reminder and challenge. In the immortal words of MC Hammer "we got to pray just to make it today."

JOURNEY CHURCH said...

I'm a PWIT too. :-)