Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What If?




We are starting a series next week at our Church "Journey" titled "What If", and it got me thinking just that.  What if I was as concerned about my bible as I was my cell phone?  Oh, my gosh!  where's my Bible?  I can't leave the house without my Bible!  What if I spent as much time praying to Jesus, as I did watching TV?  Half the time!  What if I really loved my wife as much as Christ loved the church?  Is that even possible?  According to Christ it's really not an option.  What if I practiced the fruits of the spirit?  Love, patience, joy, peace, gentleness, faith, kindness, self control (woo) and goodness?  What if I really did?  We are so good about practicing the rotten fruit of the evil spirits.  Hate, anxiety, depression, conflict, hardness, unbelief, bitterness, rage, and mean-ness. It's no wonder we don't see the glass as half full, yet always as half empty.  What if lived like I really believed that Jesus was all powerful?   What if I really wanted God to control my life?  What if I really wanted His advice?  What if I listened to what He says?  What if I really applied His words to my life. 

What If?

1 comment:

Jeff Goins said...

cool. Erin McManus did a sermon series like this - what if everyone cared, gave, etc.? interesting.