Thursday, November 13, 2008

What Is Church?


A friend of mine (Jeff Goins) whom I met through the blogoshpere recently posted and article asking "what is the church?"  Great question.  Below is a link to his article.  Check it out and leave a comment if you like.  I would also like it if you left a comment on my blog as well.  What is church to you?  This could open up a pandorian like box with follow up questions such as - is church doing it right?  what our church is doing wrong? should we church plant?  how big should a church get?  Church doctrine, rules etc.  But for now...let me know what you think church is.  If you want to elaborate on the latter - feel free.  It may make for an interesting discussion.  In the meantime check out my friends article and peruse his blog while you are there, he has some great stuff / links.  If we are the body...

2 comments:

Jeff Goins said...

thanks, steve. by the way, part two will be up tomorrow, and your answer should be posted shortly after that. loving the conversation! blessings on your fellowship.

Holiday's Review said...

Steve, I think we have come to the conclusion-church is not- a bulilding... and I don't have the physical time to get into what I think church is. However, I would like to discuss with you and keith about church planting... Keep up the good work! Keep Jesus at the front! we have to follow Jesus, we will fail and fall hard if we take this for ourselves. It is for Christ and His Kingdom!
I love you buddy!

ian