Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Absolute Faith


SBS question of the week presented by Mr. Jack Collins. Alias Sgt. of arms.


Is it possible for us to have absolute faith? What can, or better yet should, we do to help us come as close as humanly possible to absolute faith?


This is really a great question! This is my second time writing my answer, and I've done a complete 180. Yes! I do think it's possible to have absolute faith. Absolute by definition is pure, perfect, unquestionable, unmitigated. I may not have the faith to walk on water like Peter did, but I had faith enough to believe that Jesus is the Christ and ask Him to be my personal savior. (that's about as good as any place to get an Amen!) To help us come closer to absolute faith we need to believe in our hearts and confess with our mouths that Jesus is who He says He is. We need to be doers not just listeners. We need to step out of our comfort zones and let God show us trials that we can only overcome through our faith (real faith) in Him.


James 1:2&3 says - Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.


James 2 :14 says - What good is it , my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds?

2 comments:

Holiday's Review said...

well Steve, I didn't read your first answer, but I enjoyed this one. I agree that when when we have faith it is absolute! If our faith is not absolute, I don't think it is faith at all...

JOURNEY CHURCH said...

nice thoughts... I think you scratched the service of something great (faith).

great verses.