Thursday, June 12, 2008

Stuck in Neutral?


The question this week for the SBS was given to us by Mr. Holiday. The question is this.

My question, dear friends, is twofold: can to much of a morally neutral thing be eternally bad; and are there morally neutral things in your personal life that Christ is asking you to get rid of, or remove - things he just wants out, even though there is nothing evil about it?


Morally neutral. Hmmm. Let me break this into two parts, then bring them together. What is moral or morality? It is a barometer used to gauge right and wrong, or good and evil. Neutral, to me, is going nowhere, spinning my wheels and not moving, not engaged if you will. So now put the two back together, and I think moral neutrality means you are neither good or bad, just copacetic, or doing nothing.

So are there morally neutral "things" or moral neutrality in my life that God wants me to get rid of or change? A resounding yes. For me wiping out moral neutrality would be to engage Christ. Example. Don't be complacent and comfortably numb as the Pink Floyd song says. If you had and employee, would you want them to just punch the clock each day and go through the motions? Would you be happy with that? Of course not, just as Christ doesn't want us to be complacent. Oh we're not necessarily doing anything bad, but not good either. Stuck in neutral. Morally neutral that is. Engage Jesus Christ and get in gear.

1 comment:

Jack said...

"Hello, is there anybody out there?" I love that song!..anyways very nicely put!