Friday, June 6, 2008

Who Cares FRIDAY


We (I) have changed the name of the Friday post to "Who Cares FRIDAY" because it may not always be facts. It may be some stupid useless information I've discovered and want to post it anyway. You might say wow! but "who cares?" Hence the name "Who Cares FRIDAY" BTW, great comments on "negligent" twister last week. I for one will refrain from playing twister without a helmet from now on.

So without further ado, here is a plethora of useless information just for you.

1. On average, there are 333 squares of toilet paper on a roll. (count em, I dare you)

2. The numbers on opposite sides of a die always add up to 7.

3. Approximately sixty circus performers have been shot from cannons. At last report, thirty-one of these have been killed. (scratch that off my list of to-do's)

4. Pentheraphobia is a fear of a mother-in-law.

5. The ZIP in zip code stands for "Zone Improvement Plan."

6. A theater manager in Seoul, Korea felt that The Sound of Music was too long, so he shortened it by cutting out all the songs. (smart)

7. The average airspeed of the common housefly is 4 1/2 mph. (how do you...nevermind.)

8. If you passed gas consistently for 6 years and 9 months, enough gas is produced to create the energy of anatomic bomb. (research stats from N. Korea)

9. Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. (is that counter productive?)

10. There are only 18 countries richer than Bill Gates.

BONUS FEATURE:
1. Grab a calculator (you won't be able to do this one in your head)
2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the area code -- example: 555-976-5555 -- you'd use "976"
3. Multiply by 80
4. Add 1
5. Multiply by 250
6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number (e.g. 5349)
7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again
8. Subtract 250
9. Divide number by 2.

(Who cares!!?)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

Today, on Who Cares Friday, I actually got my calculator and worked through the problem... glad I did. : ) I like your blog, man.
hannah
hannah@hopechest.org

Hannah said...

Me again. I'm Tom Davis' sister in law... he forwarded your blog link to me today. That's how I found it.
Happy weekend.
hannah

Jack said...

Some lady actually told me yesterday how celery has negative calories..what a coinkydink!