Thursday, June 5, 2008

What Does It Look Like When My Experiences and God's Word Collide?


Deep and intriguing inaugural question for the SBS. Especially originating from a man who goes by the name of "Tuff Pants" As I pondered this question throughout the day, a thought came to me this evening, a revelation if you will. The question in and of itself is somewhat of a paradox, as our experiences and God's Word collide on a continual basis. Thus the question "what's it like" is one of a perpetual experience that we encounter in our every day existence. We need to recognize this and act according to God's desires. For me personally, it can be tragic, or glorious depending on how I perceive God's Word at that moment. Tragic in the sense, that I engage in selfish pride and shun God's Word, glorious in the sense that I recognize Him for who and what he is and revel in His awesome wonder. My life experiences unfortunately fall on both sides of this proverbial fence. However; when I try to decieve myself of my experiences and perform a balancing act it must throw chills down God's spine. The scale should swing to the side of joy and security in Jesus. I become neither hot or cold, but balanced precariously somewhere in the middle. God spits out the lukewarm - the person trying hard to balance in the middle and please both man and God. One thing is for sure...when I see Christ as Christ, my experiences become supernaturally charged. We are always experiencing a collision, how we embrace it is our choice.

No comments: